Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I have had it... I WILL make it through the 'Induction Phase' of Atkins this time!

So, today is day two. Surprisingly, I am OK, and I don't feel the need to cheat. I know two days is not a lot, but when I tried Atkins before, it was a pain in the butt to make it through the first couple of hours because I knew that I could NOT have any chocolate. That is my downfall...yumny chocolate. I am doing great though. I have done the 14 day induction before, lost 10 pounds, but I did not stick with it as it was only because I was doing it to win a bet. This time, I am really committed. Since the first of the year I have become more active, there were some downs here and there, but I have been way better about it than I have ever been before. I have eliminated all excuses to NOT exercise by getting a stationary bike and I now have a Wii-Fit which is AWESOME. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. If I can lose more, that is great, but 20 pounds is great for me. I so miss being able to fit into my clothes. I tried doing the Weight Watchers plan, but time and time again, my body has proven to me that I just can't over do it with lots of carbs. This go round, my goal is to find out my carb threshold. I know that I will eventually introduce more carbs back into my diet, but for now, I want to give this all I have. Since I love to cook, I am being VERY creative with low-carb recipes. I am actually having fun with it and not over thinking the fact that I can't have sweets. Last night had a dream that I had a plate of junk and I was soooo upset. I am glad it was a dream because one bite of the wrong thing can throw off my ketosis. Any of you guys ever tried Atkins? Or any other dietary change? How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment