Saturday, May 8, 2010

So...I colored my locks...what have I done...??

Well... I did it... I dyed my hair. It's not to bright, and it's a change I suppose. I would like to see what it looks like once the sun hits it. Anyway... I did run into some problems. Problems that I wanted to avoid in the FIRST place, but it is what it is... So, here goes:

*Well, in my previous post, I posted a picture of some of my loose ends in the front. Well, they aren't so loose as they are bound together and kinda bunched. That's OK I guess because at least the hair is together. That's my way of rationalizing it I guess.

*My two-headed dragons now look like one lock. I thought about separating them, but then asked myself 'what's the point?' I guess all the color and washing bound those together too.

*My locks seemed to have shrunk a bit. I tried pulling them as best as I could, but I don't know. Seems like I lost some length.

*I had some slippage in various areas. This wasn't SO bad, and these were locks that were already in need of serious work and lucky for me my reti is on Friday. I hope my loctitian won't be too mad with me. I may have to pay her for extra time to fix the front portion of my locks.

Overall, I am not sure how I feel about what I just did. There is no easy fix for me as I don't know how to fix bunching and this has made me realize that I really need to consider taking the class. However, does the class teach you how to take locks down and re-install them? I don't think so.

Well, tomorrow is another day. I twisted and rolled my hair in lock loops and I hope the results give me some relief. I mean, my fiancé doesn't think it looks any differently, but it's my hair so I notice everything. Oh well.. My reti can't get here fast enough.

2 comments:

  1. Overall, are you please with the results?

    I felt like I had shrinking as well from the bunching but it wasn't a major difference from what I saw.

    I had the bunching -- which I just pulled out --- basically you push th ehair down with your fingers. I did experience slippage in the front when I did the coloring at home, but I was able to fix them.

    In the r/t class that I went to I didn't learn how to fix the bunching.

    Post a pic, I'd like to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I switched to your consultant after having problems with mine. She was constantly rescheduling my appts. and pushing me off to a trainee. I didn't mind the trainee, but the price was the same...

    anyway, my retightening with V went great! Please post pics soon so I can see your color. I did a 'rinse' to cover up some grays and I haven't had a problem. I did it after a r/t so maybe that helped. I don't know but, so far so good.

    I totally understand about the color thing. Sometimes you just want to do something different. Congratulations again on your engagement! Hang in there, I'm sure your hair will turn out fine.

    Evie

    ReplyDelete