Saturday, May 8, 2010

Loose hair


Do any of you have issues with the front section of your locks? What I mean is, since I pressed my hair so much, the front section suffered the most so the kink is basically loose at the ends. Then again, I wonder if it's due to the ends not being interlocked enough during my install. Point is, I am tired of looking at them, and while I have the cylindrical locks in the back, these just don't look uniformed. What do I do? Is this fixable? Should I keep doing as I have been doing and snip at the ends every so many months? They don't look as bad when I roll them, but when I want to free-style, well you can imagine my angst. These bad boys will never have the balls at the end, so I know for a fact they won't be locking.

4 comments:

  1. I have or had a few that look like that even after 2yrs of being locked, I think it is from excessive heat after mine were more mature I had them cut off, so just try to ignore them until you get to a stage where you can trim them because if you do it to early then it will unravel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I did tonight. Take the loose hairs starting from the root of your loc and twist all the way to the end to give a clean look. It's almost like doing a retest that traditional locers do with jell, but you won't use anything but your own hair. I did this and my locs are cleaned up and the ends on most that were quite open look more uniformed. By looking at your pic I think it will look fine. I treat it has a form of grooming without clipping any precious hairs. Also this should help reinforce strengthening your loc. Let me know how it works put. I may post my pic on my blog tomorrow so others can see how mine turned out. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have balls further up the look? Some of my locks look that as well abut the have a ball further up the lock, so I decided to cut the loose ends off since its already locked. If all else fails just let them do there thing for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Euphoria, that's a good point. I mean, they don't look so bad when I do a braid out and roll them. Just ready to be DONE with this stage.

    Lalaboobaby, I will have to try that. I wasn't sure what to do to fix this. Weird thing is, it's only the front row or so.

    Gigglz, I will take a look to see if there are balls when I take the lock loops out. If there are, I will have the loctitian do what you did. If I can get my front to look like my back I will be doing something!

    ReplyDelete