Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ohhhh snap! The texture of my locs is changing!




So lately I have been following the advice of my loctitian and not using ANY product on my hair. I have only washed it once this month, and I am now a fan of Dr. Bronner's Castile Almond Liquid soap. It's water based and it works PERFECTLY for me. My locs smell great, they feel clean, and I have not had any bad skin reactions to it. Check the Web site out here: http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/ALM.htm. Since following her advice, I have noticed that my locs have become thicker, I am not experiencing any slippage, and the texture is changing. I have so much volume now! They are REALLY starting to loc and the locs that were once stringy have become some thick! I am happy and satisfied how my journey is progressing. You can definitely tell the difference between my 'overly pressed' and 'happy' hair. Those ends will be cut in a year or two. I will need to have the locs groomed soon to get rid of the fuzz, but I can live with it for now. Anyway, that is all I have to report. Happy Loc'ing!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this shampoo. Between you and gigglz, I am convinced. Have you tried rose or lavender? It sounds what I need to tame my crunchy locks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lavender! I actually bathe with these soaps too. My boyfriend put me on to Dr. Bronner and I must say I slept on this soap. It's the bomb, and that almond is something serious!

    ReplyDelete