Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two Questions...

Two questions…

Question one: What’s the longest you guys have gone between retightenings? Initially, I was going every four weeks, now I am going every 6 weeks, and I am beginning to feel like I could go every 7 to 8 weeks based on the middle section of my head, but the front would def need to be done sooner.

The fact that I am not waiting longer to get my hair done, it has prompted me to learn to do my RETIs myself. I know some people took the class, and others have not. I definitely can’t afford it, especially with me trying to go to grad school. I need to save anyway I can. So that leads me to question two: For those of you who use the NL tool, and looked through the instructions, do you find it was easy to reti your hair? I know there are LOTS of Youtube vids out there. I am thinking of asking my stylist to show me how. At least I would be able to do my edges to start.

For those of you who took the class, how much was it? I have searched for a class in ATL and I didn’t see anything, but I could have been looking at something wrong or I could have overlooked it. I dunno, maybe I will try to save up for that too, but I am thinking of buying the NL tool.

*UPDATE* I did find the cost of the class. $@250, not bad, was it worth it??

1 comment:

  1. I have waited as long as 8 weeks to reti my hair, but that was when I had a trainee maintaining them. Now that I reti myself, I won't wait longer than 4 weeks simply because the longer I wait the more new growth I have to put into rotation.
    For me at first it wasn't easy. The very first time I tried to reti my hair, it took me a week to complete 1 forth of my head. I cried. Seriously. But I kept at it and now I reti when watching TV. I could never afford to pay the cost of a class and travel. I could barely afford my reti session due to me being in school for cosmetology.
    I use the NL tool in which I found to be the easiest to use vs. hairpins, yarn needles, crochet hooks, and so on.

    ReplyDelete