Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally got the SLs installed!










OK, it is now March 17, 2009, and I have officially had my Sisterlocks for 2 days. It took a period of 3 days, and it was well worth the wait. Like everyone else with SLs, I love them. The ONLY thing I don’t like is the waiting period that I have to go through towards them being thicker, and covering the spaces of the parts. I am going to try not to wash them for as long as I can to prevent slippage and to help them loc faster, but I have to keep it moisturized so hopefully I won’t get all that unsightly build up.

I wish I had discovered this new ‘freedom’ a long time ago, but instead I kept pressing my natural hair. I am feeling the pain now because a lot of my ends, more than I thought actually, are particularly straight. I am not going to worry about it though because at this juncture it is what it is, and I have nothing but time, and in time my hair will return back to its natural thickness and curls. Other than that, I know I made the best decision, and pretty soon I will have lengthy SLs because at least I can say my hair grows like grass.

On a side note, I am also going to start taking better care of my body internally. I have taken the first steps to taking better care of my hair, now I need to include my temple. Valencia, my SL sister and loctitian, spoke with me about how she is using a juicer to curb her sweet tooth and help with overall health. It’s really not a bad idea, and I could use more vitamins and minerals in my diet. Let me also say that I was blessed to meet Valencia in so many ways. We have a wonderful connection and I agree with her in that it is important to have a good vibe with the person who is in your hair, especially for 3 days! Valencia is a perfectionist, and I know I have a ton of locs in my hair. I will be counting them this week some time. Check her out at http://reelnaturalcrowns4glory.com/.

Well, it’s time for me to go back to work. I will be updating this blog monthly. I can’t wait to see how it’s going to look in a year.






Here are some pictures, and you can click on them for the actual size:

SL installation
Sisterlock installation


Sisterlock installation


Photobucket


SL week 1








2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! I should try to do something like this with my locs but I'm lazy...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    How long was your hair when you had the SLs installed?

    ReplyDelete